Tuesday 7 October 2014

Meet Leanne Van Breda

Recently I’ve had the great opportunity of speaking to Leanne Van Breda, a soft-hearted, travel obsessed, fashion lover , tea drinker cat mom. Her blog is one of my favourite blogs so it was only right for her to be featured on my blog. She is definitely a beauty with brains as she not only manages to keep a fabulous blog but she is currently doing her articles in law.
She would describe her style as modest, elegant and sophisticated, “My love for fashion was almost immediate from the moment I was born.  I always had fun playing with outrageous sunglasses, bold lipsticks, lace gloves and fun hats from very early on.  Some things never change!”
Everyone meet Leanne Van Breda:
  1. Who inspires you in terms of style?
My style isn’t often inspired by a particular person but rather by seasons and my surroundings and reading many, many blogs.  If I had to narrow my inspiration to a single person, though, it would have to be Rachel Parcell from Pink Peonies.


  1. If you had to invade a celebrity’s closet, which celebrity would it be (Internationally or locally)?
Blake Lively without a doubt!  I hope she got to keep some of the clothes from the Gossip Girl set!


  1. Where do you usually do your shopping?
  I change it up a lot but I love Zara, Forever New and Cotton On.  I love to shop overseas too!


  1. Which item of clothing do you believe is a necessity and one cannot live without?
A structured blazer is essential in every girl’s closet.


  1. It’s finally spring, what’s your number 1 tip for spring?
Have fun with florals!  It’s the perfect print for the season.


  1. In your spare time, when you aren’t too busy, what do you love doing?
If I have a moment to myself, you are guaranteed to find me with my nose in a book.  I love to read.
  1. What do you think of South African fashion industry?
I think the South African fashion industry often isn’t taken seriously because it can’t compete with European standards but we have so much talent so I support it whole heartedly.
  1. If you had to go shopping in a different country where would you go?
I love to travel so finding new places to shop is one of my favourite things to do.  Bershka in Czech Republic is an amazing store so I’d probably go back there.


  1. Which country do you believe has an interesting sense of style?
The French have style down to a fine art.  Their tailoring is unlike any other.  Everything is so crisp and structured.  To me they are the fashion winners.  What else would you expect from the nation that designed the high heel?!


  1. Which is your favourite hangout place and why?
You’ll find me anywhere that has great food!


  1. Which is your Favourite Fashion Magazine or Magazines?
I don’t read magazines at all, surprisingly.  It’s either a book or a blog


  1. When did you start blogging and what’s the best part about it?
I’m about to celebrate three years of blogging.  I honestly can’t believe where the time has gone!  The best thing about blogging to me would have to be the lessons I’ve learnt along the way.  I’ve had to learn about social media, photography, photoshop, basic coding, marketing, networking, the list goes on.  I studied law at university so this was an entirely new realm to me and definitely one that took me outside my comfort zone.  Another highlight has been the extraordinary people that I have met through my blog that I would never have met otherwise and I’m lucky enough to call many of these people friends.
  1. Who do you usually go out with when you do go shopping?
 I can’t shop with other people.  It’s generally something I’m a solo ranger about because I always have a strategy in place and I find other people distracting.  Very weird, I know ;)


  1. What advice do you have for people who are interested in the Fashion industry?
Be creative.  Be yourself.  That’s exactly what everyone is always looking to see.


  1. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
In five years I can only hope that I will be an admitted attorney and completing my doctorate in law.  I hope that by then I will have filled my passport with many more travels.  Of course I also plan for my blog to be going from strength to strength bringing you more fashion posts along the way.
Five more Seconds with Leanne
  1. Favourite Lip Stick?
Electric Pink by Elizabeth Arden


  1. Favourite Perfume?
Alien by Thierry Mugler


  1. Favourite Movie?
Remember Me


  1. Favourite Album?
Any one of Coldplay’s album


  1. Favourite Restaurant?
Koi
You guys can always keep up with her blog @ www.arumlilea.blogspot.com
And you can catch up with her on Instagram at @ARUMLILEA

HAPPY SHOPPING GUYS 
XoXo 

No comments:

Post a Comment