Friday 15 August 2014

The Guy Behind The Lens


Not only is he my friend, the guy with a cool personality and a unique sense of style but he is the guy who is insanely talented and shows us the world from a different perspective through the lens of his camera. most of us may know him as the guy behind the Tumblr page; Alternative Visuals, and in staying true to the name of his blog; The way he views his world is interpreted through his images, he shows us an Alternative way of the world in which we live in, which may seem boring at times. However, the images he takes show us an Alternative way of viewing our world, usually taking pictures of moments which he believes may not happen again.
 Last week Saturday I had the great opportunity to work with the one and only photographer Teboho Gondo, who is mostly referred to as Gondo and the pictures which were taken by him are featured in this week’s post, ‘HAMBOGEZA’.
So I thought that it would be pretty cool for us to get to know him and what inspired him to pick up his camera and show us a different approach to everyday life through his striking images.
 And here is all you need to know about the distinctive Gondo;
”I started doing photography in grade 8, 3 years ago. I started shooting with my phone and began documenting. It came easy and I was good at it. I kept doing it and I realised people actually can make money off of photography and I thought if I could make money off of something that I am good at, why not.

 I love photography because I think photographers are ultimately like light benders. Light plays a crucial role in our lives because it’s everywhere, we [photographers] manipulate light, hence the term light bender *laughs* photography is ultimately the art of manipulating light.
My dream for my photography is to own a company that is an agency for models and a business that has an army of photographers to cover events in our country and ultimately the rest of the world. My business will be one that comers both markets but one that will stay true to its artistic integrity. My only happiness comes from documenting the moments in time that we may never have again, the fleeting moments in our lives.”
 
 

You can definitely keep up with Gondo on his Tumblr page @ www.Alternativevisuals.tumblr.com However If Instagram is your thing you can follow him @sar_revolutionary or you can simply just follow him on twitter @Gondo__ 
 
 
Happy Shopping Guys
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment