Wednesday 6 August 2014

Fashionista Of The Week


This week’s Fashionista is the beautiful Miss Aaliyah Tia Singh who is not only my very good friend but a great shopping buddy too. She constantly tries new looks which so far have been working for her and she is not afraid to express herself through her looks. She is just a regular teenage girl who just adores fashion, her style is “Versatile but with every look I add a hint of edginess to complete my look.”

· You aren't afraid of trying different looks and you always take risks but they always work, what pushes you to take fashion risks?

I just enjoy experimenting with fashion and my image, some people may see it as risks but for me I purely enjoy it because I ultimately love anything fashion related.

· Who inspires you in terms of style?


Rihanna, Vanessa Hudgens and believe it or not but my sister and mother!

· If you had to invade a celebrity’s closet, which celebrity would it be (Internationally and locally)?

Rihanna and kylie Jenner internationally and locally would have to be Bonang and Lala.

· Where do you usually do your shopping and which is your favourite brand?


I shop everywhere. I don’t have a favourite brand as I said; my style is versatile so my looks vary from street wear to glamourous style.

· Which item of clothing do you believe is a necessity and one cannot live without?


Black leggings! Little Black Dress [LBD] !Sky blue jeans & a white t-shirt!  Extreme necessities!!!

· What’s your winter style tip for the ladies and gents out there?


Knee-high boats for the ladies and scarfs for the gentlemen, a classic Chuck Bass look. Coats usually complete the winter look.

· In your spare time, when you aren’t working, what do you love doing?


I love spending time with my friends and sister, shopping of cause and just doing girly activities. I love trying new things and just seizing the day.

· What do you think of South African Street Culture fashion?


I believe that there is a gap in the South African market in terms of fashion and it’s always great to see new ventures start and ultimately S.A grow in fashion as a whole. It has potential to be big.

. If you had to go shopping in a different country where would you go?


For street wear it would be the US, but high fashion would definitely be Paris.

. Which country do you believe has an interesting sense of style?


France

· Which is your favourite hangout place and why?

Margate, there are many activities and I, myself am a beach baby. So that is absolutely my scene and the vibe is nice. Whenever I go there’s a good atmosphere.

· Which is your Favourite Fashion Magazine?


Vogue. I love high fashion.

· Who do you usually go with when you do go shopping?


If I’m browsing through items, I don’t mind shopping with anyone but if I’m ready and set to buy many items of clothing, then I take it seriously and I prefer to shop by alone. I need a clear space of mind and just to be alone in order to make wise decisions. When you shop with other people their opinion tends to influence your choice of clothing.

. Which is your Favourite Label/Brand and why?


I actually do not have one. I haven’t come across a brand that is completely versatile in their range of clothing.

· What advice do you have for people who are interested in the Fashion industry?


 I believe that if that’s their passion, they should pursue it and be committed to it and the rest will eventually materialize. This actually goes for anything!

· Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Above all, I just see myself being happy and successful in every aspect of my life. Growth is important.



I hope you have enjoyed meeting Miss Aaliyah you can catch up with her on Instagram @Liyah_Tia and follow her on twitter @LiyahTia

Happy Shopping Guys
XoXo 

No comments:

Post a Comment