Monday 25 August 2014

Fashionista Of The Week

This week’s Fashionista is someone who not only has a beautiful sense of style but she is someone who has a gorgeous soul too, with an inspirational outlook towards life.  I had the privilege to spend a couple of my schooling years with her, Where I would  look at her looks and ask  myself how does she do it? Her look was subtle, classy and trendy. However in all of her looks she managed to stay true to herself and she ultimately proved that less is more and that staying true to you and not    always following the crowd is always best. And I must say I am very happy to have her as this week’s Fashionista of the week.

This week’s Fashionista of the week is the beautiful Miss Lebogang Manamela, a 20 year old free spirited individual who is a lover of all things ART. She describes herself as a 'Creative Confident' who believes that your style is your story and who you are on the inside will surface on the outside in one way or the other. And for her, who she is, is interpreted through her style especially since she believes that her style is an outer representation of her inner self.  Lebo is currently doing her 2nd year at the University of Johannesburg and was recently voted one of the Top 10 Female students in her  university, the poll surveyed other universities not only the university where she is currently a student.

1.     Who inspires you in terms of style?

My two main inspirations in terms of style have to be for one, my beautiful sisters (Lati and Thabi) and secondly the woman I want to and working to be “The young career woman who’s got it going on for herself’’


2.     How would you define Style?

A Little bit of everything. Day to day my style may read Tomboy, cool, bohemian, trendy and sometimes even sophisticated and classy

3.     If you had to invade a celebrity’s closet, which celebrity would it be (Internationally and locally)?

Nadia Aboulhosn  & Jessica Pearson.


4.     Which item of clothing do you believe is a necessity and one cannot live without?

One cannot live without a pair of well-fitting black skinny jeans, a tailored   black blazer, little  black dress, a pair of black pumps and at least one pair of  All Stars

5.     Where do you usually do your shopping?

Absolutely everywhere, I personally Love bargains.


6.     What’s your winter style tip for the ladies and gents out there?

My winter tip would have to be, don’t be afraid to throw on that statement   piece whether it  be a hooded coat, a cape, an oversized knitted jersey or cardigan   with a good pair of Thigh high boots. The gents should keep sweaters and jackets in the colours of black, burgundy, navy and tan, pairing them with a pair of well-fitting trousers.


7.     However spring is around the corner, so what’s your number 1 tip for spring?

White is the new black.


8.     In your spare time, when you aren’t too busy, what do you love doing?

 Photo editing, graphic designing, sketching and most importantly being the  coolest aunt to my four nieces and nephews.


99.     What do you think of South African Street Culture fashion?

It’s so incredibly inspiring. SA street fashion commands a different type of attention. There’s very little pressure to conform, resulting in the true expression of one’s ‘true person’.


10.          If you had to go shopping in a different country where would you go?

Japan. Korea. China. India. ‘Ancient’Egypt.


11.    Which country do you believe has an interesting sense of style?

Japan, Harajuku to be exact.


12.    Which is your favourite hangout place and why?

I personally don’t have a favourite hangout place really. With good people, the place becomes invisible.


13.    Which is your Favourite Fashion Magazine or Magazines?

I’ve been collecting Elle magazines ever since I was in high school. In terms  of magazines   my best buy yet has been L’Official 1000Models Accessories issue in 2013.


14.   Who do you usually go out with when you do go shopping?

I have a peculiar way of shopping and there’s only one other person I    know    who    shops the same, one of my best friends Kanya Sicam.



15.      Which is your Favourite Label/Brand and why?

  I’m not really a brand or label kind of girl. Fit, quality, and style matter more to me.


16. What advice do you have for people who are interested in the Fashion industry?

  Innovation. Innovation. Innovation. The basis of Fashion will stay the same decade after decade, innovate and live through your designs. In order to reach height’s never reached, you need to be willing to go to places people have never been.


17.    What are you currently studying?

Bachelor of Commerce Degree.


18.      Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

 In the next five years, by only the grace of God and it being Gods absolute will, I would’ve have achieved my first set of goals, have travelled, completed all my degree’s, living on  my own and doing it    for myself & ultimately for the point in  my    life have taken all 4 of my nieces and nephews to at least at 2 different   countries... But that's all God Willing!

Five more Seconds with Lebo

1.       Favourite Novel?

Redeeming Love, which I haven’t finished yet


2.       Favourite Chocolate?

Cadburys Dream chocolate with cashew nuts and coconut. To die for!


3.       Favourite Movie?

Wicker Park, My first real psychological thriller/drama.


4.       Favourite Album?

Sam Smith – In the Lonely Hour


5.       Favourite Restaurant?

 Baobab ( Menlyn Mall).



You can always catch up with Lebo by following her on Twitter @Mss_Leehbo and I hope you have all enjoyed meeting her! 

Happy Shopping Guys
XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment