Thursday 17 July 2014

The Lady Behind The Camera

Recently I had the awesome opportunity to work with an amazing photographer; Sphiwo Hlatshwayo.  Sphiwo, who also refers to herself as Sphi_woah, is a 17 year old photographer who started photography towards the end of 2013, Creativity runs in the family as her mother is a fashion designer and her sister is a professional makeup artist. She says that they have made it easier for her to do what she loves whole heartedly because they’ve clearly set the example. They sky is the limit for Sphiwo as she clearly plans to make the most of photography by leaving her mark in the industry. Today’s post is all about her, so everybody meet Sphiwo Hlatshwayo; The Lady Behind The Camera.

“Well I'm Sphiwo Hlatshwayo. Lol. I like to refer to myself as Sphi_woah. I'm 17. Was and still is basically raised in the burbs. I'm a city girl but really dig the kasi lifestyle. Honestly, I prefer being in an environment that's not too uptight, and where I can be who I am 24/7. Spontaneity is what I live by. And people are my thing. That's technically where I get most of my inspiration for my practice in photography from. I come from a creative back ground where by my mother is a fashion designer and my older sister is a professional makeup artist. They make it easier for me to do what I love whole heartedly because they've clearly set the example.
My journey in photography has been very eventful and enlightening. I don't think there's a day where I don't learn anything new about this craft. I'd like to think that it has built my character in a tremendous way - I've been put on the spot to take photos even when unprepared, and that has helped me sharpen my skills. I still have YET to learn, though. And I absolutely cannot wait to learn more. I could learn forever.

The business mindset I've acquired from my father has helped me in deciding where I want to be in the future. I see myself owning and running a professional business that offers a wide variety of shooting styles. From shooting on the Cat walk to studio, right down to shooting at little children's birthday parties. I want to offer the whole enchilada as a one-stop shop.
In the near future which is between now and the next ten years, I picture myself still studying photography to get the highest possible qualification so I can work towards excellence in my business plans. Of course I'll be studying film alongside photography to give me that edge.

The world needs more leading ladies in the photography and film industries. And I am going to enforce and follow through with that statement.”
Catch up with her on twitter and Instagram 
And check out her blog @ thecolourbetwixtu.tumblr.com

And of course check out my blog and look at  RHTC week for more pictures that were taken by her. 

Happy Shopping Guys 
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment